Data Recovery & Backup
Reliable Data Recovery & Backup
Data loss can be a devastating experience for any business, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK. From accidental deletions to hardware failure or even cyber attacks, there are countless ways that your business’s critical data can be lost or corrupted. That’s why at JFC, we offer a range of data backup and recovery support services designed to help SMEs protect their valuable data. Our hard drive recovery and backup support services can benefit your business and it’s crucial to have a robust backup system in place.
What Is Data Recovery?
Data recovery refers to the process of retrieving lost or inaccessible data from storage devices such as hard disk drives, solid-state drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, and other electronic media. It involves using specialised software and hardware tools to recover data that has been deleted, corrupted, damaged, or otherwise made inaccessible due to various reasons such as hardware failure, human error, malware or virus infections, natural disasters, and more. The data recovery process can be complex and time-consuming, and the success of the recovery largely depends on the type of damage that has occurred to the storage device and the methods used to retrieve the lost data.
We understand the crucial role that data plays in modern business operations. Whether it is financial records, customer data or other information, the data your business has is valuable. That is why we are proud to offer a comprehensive data backup service to help protect your business.
How Does Data Recovery Work?
It is important to note that the data recovery process can be complex and time-consuming, and the success of the recovery largely depends on the type and extent of damage to the storage device, as well as the expertise and tools used by the data recovery specialists. Data recovery typically involves the following steps:
- Evaluation – The first step is to assess the extent of the damage to the storage device and determine the cause of the data loss.
- Repair – If there is physical damage to the storage device, it may need to be repaired before data recovery can begin. This may involve replacing damaged components, transferring the platters to a new drive, or other techniques depending on the type of damage.
- Imaging – Once the storage device is repaired or determined to be functional, the next step is to create a bit-for-bit copy, or image, of the entire drive. This process involves reading all the data from the damaged device and transferring it to a new, working device.
- Recovery – After the imaging process, the data recovery specialists use specialised software to extract lost or inaccessible data from the image of the damaged drive.
- Verification – Once the data has been recovered, it is verified to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Transfer – The recovered data is transferred to a new storage device or media for safekeeping.
Help Protect Your Company Today
At JFC , we understand how critical data is to the success of your business. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of data backup and recovery support services designed to help businesses of all sizes in Hereford protect their data. Our in-house Class 100 clean room is staffed by trained recovery technicians, providing the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your data is in the best possible hands. Whether you’re looking for an automated cloud backup solution or need help recovering data from a damaged device, JFC has the expertise and resources to help. Contact us to schedule a consultation and see how we can help safeguard your SME’s data.